Be Your Own Guru:
Asana, Alignment, Pranayama and Philosophy.
Join the women of LBG for a 6-week Series, Thursdays from 6-8pm beginning January 26, 2012.
As part the Live. Breathe. Grow. Method, this series will deepen your knowledge of
- Asana and Alignment. Explore fundamental alignment principals and see how they relate to an individual’s unique conditions. Work with yourself and others to move the Asana to another level through alignment principals which creates freedom and joy.
- Explore Pranayama You will learn and practice various energising and calming pranayama. Study the subtle realms of Uddiyana and Moolabandha. Looking at the pelvis and the awareness of the sacrum as a way to unlock power in the Asana practice and create steadiness.
- Dig deeper into the 8 fold path. We’ll study Yoga philosophy using Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras as our primary text and include readings from recent works. Yoga philosophy is a practical topic that is not concerned with abstract debates but is focused on finding liberation in this life.
- Develop a Home Practice – We’ll give you the tools you need to take your practice home with you, from creating a yoga space and alter to finding the time in your busy schedule.
This series is idea for:
- Yoginis with a semi-regular practice that want to deepen their knowledge of yoga asana and philosophy.
- Recent 200hr yoga teacher training graduates who want to deepen their education and develop their identity as a Yoga Guide.
Register for this Workshop series online. $150. Space is limited to 10 participants! A certificate of completion will be given and continuing education units are available for Yoga Teachers registered with Yoga Alliance.