Horray! Spring is finally here! The sun is shining and the temperatures are continuing to climb at least here in New Jersey. Spring is exciting. It’s a time of rebirth. It’s nature’s way of picking up and starting fresh. The earth sheds it’s winter skin as the snow melts, allowing for green grass to grow and flowers to bloom. With the change of season also comes an internal urge to change ourselves. For some, this comes in the form of actually spring cleaning, physically tidying, organizing and freshening our living space and office space. For others, like myself, it’s time to internally spring clean. Cleaning in the spring is always great. It allows us to clean the winter junk out and start the new season fresh.
Here are a few of my Spring Detox Tips
- Give your body a break from complex, processed foods. Eliminate fried, fatty foods.
- Eat light! Include lots of green vegetables and simple fruits.
- Drink lots of water, teas and soups.
- Get outside and enjoy the sunshine! Exercise with Mother Earth, take a walk on the beach, hike in the woods or just hoop in the sunshine. The fresh air and sunshine will do wonders!
- Try something fun and new…then get excited about it!
- Organize and spring clean your bedroom, home office and car. Make sure your living space matches your spiritual, heart and health space!
- Create a Gratitude Journal.
- Use fresh spring herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil and mint. Add them to your salads and smoothies not only for flavor but for their healing properties as well! Try a simple smoothie with fresh strawberries, ice, coconut water and basi
- Forgive and let go.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Detox and spring clean with a friend, there’s power in numbers!